Detox is the first step in the process when you are dealing with a cocaine addiction. As long as there is cocaine in your system you are not going to be able to overcome your addiction. When you begin to remove the drug from your system, however, withdrawal symptoms can present.
Unfortunately, because withdrawal symptoms are so uncomfortable, many people who attempt to quit cold turkey end up going back to the drug, and they end up in an endless cycle of quitting, withdrawing and restarting the drug. There is help out there, and a medically assisted detox can be the answer that you have been looking for in this regard. Here are some things to consider when it comes to medically assisted cocaine detox:
- In a medically assisted cocaine detox program you are going to have 24 hour a day, 7 day a week support from doctors and other trained medical staff to make sure that you are as comfortable and as healthy as possible from start to finish.
- In a medically assisted cocaine detox program you are going to have access to medicine, fluids, electrolytes, healthy nutrition and everything else that you need to ensure that you are completely healthy and comfortable during the recovery process.
- Because medically assisted cocaine detox is an inpatient program, you will be completely cut off from the outside world, meaning no access to drugs, no access to temptation, no access to the bad habits and lifestyle choices that led you to the addiction in the first place.
Medically assisted detox is not the only part of this process, however, as you also have to rehabilitate. Rehabilitation is achieved through therapy and counseling, the creation of healthy new habits, the development of a new lifestyle, and behavior modification training. All of these elements are going to come together in order to create a new life that you can live without the influence of drugs.
- Rehabilitation can come in the form of a wide variety of different types of therapy, including individual therapies, group therapies and family therapies depending on what your individual needs are.
- Different types of therapies and counseling can be utilized to help you change your behavior and develop new and healthy habits that prevent relapse from occurring.
- Throughout the recovery process you will have access to people that are going through the same thing that you are going through. What this means is that you will be able to establish some new and healthy relationships and friendships that will benefit you in the long run.
- You will learn all about ways that you can occupy your time without drugs or alcohol getting in the way, because you do not need these substances in order to occupy your time.
- Therapy and counseling is not where it ends, but you may also find help from things like holistic healing, yoga, exercise therapy, Chinese medicine and many other types of therapies as well. While these are not traditional treatment options, they can really go a long way in providing you the help and care that you need when overcoming both the physical and the emotional aspects of the addiction.
Ultimately it is going to be up to you to decide which cocaine rehab facility is going to meet your needs in the best way. What you do want to consider is that you need help both for the detox process and the rehabilitation process. You cannot go through one part of the process without the other. You cannot successfully overcome your addiction unless you take both facets of your recovery completely seriously. You need to be prepared to put some real time and effort into making decisions about your recovery. The way that you can do this is by researching the different options that are available to you, and then making a truly informed and educated decision based on your research. A little bit of planning, researching and considering can really go a long way in helping you to make the right decision about your recovery.