There are a host of benefits that come with inpatient treatment as compared to outpatient treatment, but this does not mean that they will all necessarily apply to you. The truth is that you need to look at the benefits and the drawbacks, see which apply to you, and then make your decision accordingly.
Here are some of the benefits associated with inpatient drug rehab:
- Structure. Inpatient drug rehab is going to provide you with structure that you will not be able to find anywhere else. You will not have a lot of free time but this means that you will be constantly working on your recovery and nothing else.
- Support 24 hours a day. You will receive professional and medical support at all hours of the day, so anytime you need help the help will be there for you, 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.
- No access to the alcohol or drugs. Because you will be staying within the grounds of the facility during your entire rehabilitation, there is no chance that you will encounter the trigger substances that caused your addiction in the first place.
- Constant supervision. Supervision means you will be able to get the help that you need whenever you are going through physical withdrawal and mental withdrawal, so even if you do not realize you need help, the help will be there for you.
- Separation from negative influences. With limited phone calls and no ability to leave the facility, you will be separated from the negative influences that contributed to your addiction in the first place, allowing you to place all of your focus on healing and recovering.
- Completely able to focus on yourself. Through an inpatient rehab you will be able to focus completely on yourself. You can concentrate on your recovery above all else, without any distractions or stressors keeping you from emphasizing your recovery.
- The ability to form new friendships. Everyone who you encounter at the rehab facility is going to be going through what you are going through. You can develop healthy and new friendships through inpatient therapy that you would have difficulties forming elsewhere.
- Different options for therapy. Most types of inpatient rehab are going to provide you with a number of different types of therapy from detox to rehab, counseling, yoga, Pilates, exercise, massage and more. Releasing stress and improving your mental concentration are two great ways to help you focus on recovery.
- All-over health improvements. Through balanced diet, counseling, obtaining a sleep schedule, therapy, detox and exercise, you can see all over health improvements in addition to rehabilitation from your addiction.