Texas Drug Treatment Centers

Northeast Texas MH/MR Center First Step/Texarkana

Texarkana, Texas - USA (Bowie County)

Call the Addiction Search 24 Hour Rehab Helpline now 1-800-591-6474
Info iconWho Answers?

No Description on file for this Treatment Resource

  • phone
  • hotline
  • intake
  • fax
  • primary
  • secondary
  • Detox
  • Halfway House
  • Short Term Care
  • Long Term Care
  • Outpatient
  • Hospitalization
  • Unknown
  • Unknown
  • Unknown
  • Unknown
  • Unknown
  • Unknown

Facility Discussion

  1. Addict

    Trying to figure out what MHMR can do to assist my family. We have a 14 year old daughter with a Full Scale IQ of 81, she is also diagnosed mildly autistic or Asperger's. Due to a number of traumatic events in this past year she has declined rapidly and recently had an acute inpatient stay for psychosis/delusional thinking. She was referred on to long term residential care - but I can not find a long term residential center in Texas that will take us. At first they said it was because I was privately insured, now we have medicaid for her and STILL there are no treatment facilities I can find. The one group home that sounded promising ended up rejecting her, for her borderline IQ.... I'm so confused....the trend for violence in teens (school shootings etc) is on the upswing across America - and all seem to blame the parents - but here I sit desperately trying to find my daughter help and it just appears that it's no one's job to do so..... Comments, help, suggestions, direction.....all welcome. Thank you...

Leave a comment


To protect the integrity of our site all comments are reviewed prior to being shown, we apologize for the small delay, but this brings a better experience for our readers. SPAM & rude comments are not tolerated. Using the 'Connect with Facebook' option will get your comment up faster!

Contact A Substance Abuse Counselor

We help people take the first steps toward getting help for their drug and alcohol usage and having drug-free lifestyles. To contact an alcohol/drug abuse counselor, please call 1-800-591-6474(Info iconWho Answers?).

Socialize with us
Close Icon

Where do calls go?

Calls to numbers on a specific treatment center listing will be routed to that treatment center. Additional calls will also be forwarded and returned by a quality treatment center within the USA.

Calls to any general helpline (non-facility specific 1-8XX numbers) for your visit will be answered by a licensed drug and alcohol rehab facility, a paid advertiser on AddictionSearch.com.

All calls are private and confidential.